Monday, May 2, 2011

Buried at Sea

Last night, Osama Bin Laden was announced dead. After 10 years of hunting him down, the U.S. Military finally found him, hiding in a mansion in the heart of Pakistan. While this is such an incredible victory for America and provides some sort of closure to families of those who were harmed in the tragedy of 9/11, I do think it is a little odd that his body was given a "proper burial out at sea."

America is going through a celebratory time after this completed mission, yet I do think that I will need to see some sort of evidence to fully believe that the body was actually his, and that this was not a ploy by the government or Osama, and instead of bringing his body back to the U.S., they threw it in the ocean. Not only does he not deserve any kind of "proper" burial, but Americans deserve more details on what actually happened.

Obama is apparently taking all of the credit for this mission, which while he is acting President I guess makes sense, but I do feel George W. deserves to be thanked. I am so happy for everyone who was affected by 9/11 and their families that this ultimate criminal was finally brought to ultimate justice, but I also think that we as Americans deserve a little more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment