Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ARW

This past week and this week were the two famous Austin Restaurant Weeks here in town. ARW goes on from Sunday-Wednesday of two weeks during the year in which notable restaurants throughout Austin present sampler three-course menus for either $15, $25 or $35. Its an amazing deal and allows residents around Austin to try restaurants they may not otherwise be able to.

Although it proves pretty difficult to find a week night to go out to dinner for students, we were able to make time last night to venture over to Ruth Chris. Although I've been here a million times with my parents, I rarely the the chance to go to a nice meal without them, especially since my boyfriend lives in a different city. Ruth Chris was a nice change, and although the portions on the restaurant week menu are much smaller, and my mashed potatoes were literally swimming in butter, the steak was incredible.

Last week, we went to a restaurant none of us had ever been to - NoRTH in the domain. It was absolutely incredible...we all got different appetizers to share, all different entrees and all different desserts. I highly recommend it. Some other restaurants I would recommend giving a try during ARW are Uchi, Uchiko, Cippolina, III Forks, Sullivan's and Ranch 616. I also really wish that Eddie V's would join in on the fun, as well as Perla's.

If you haven't visited the website and checked out the menus, I highly suggest you do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment