Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Long Overdue



I just realized that I never posted about my incredible spring break. Probably due to the quick turn around between St. Barth's and interviews in New York, I somehow forgot. Anyway, now's a better time than ever, especially since this will be my last post for PR 352!! Finally!

We started the week in Puerto Rico (which I thought was a very odd destination, as I've never met anyone who had been there before) at the Ritz Carlton. The view walking in was incredible. The lobby was spacious and full of windows and overlooking the pool and the beach. Our room was also unbelieveable - we had a one bedroom suite with a living room, dining room and kitchen with a walk out balcony on the ground level over looking the pool and beach with two connecting one bedroom suites. The beach wasn't exactly "bahamian" water, it kind of resembled more of a Port Aransas ocean, but it didn't matter because we stayed near the pool the whole trip anyways.

On the first day (a Sunday), we ventured to a little town where we were told they held pig roasting festivals each Sunday. After 45 minutes of driving through the mountains, we finally reached Wyaccan. It was very interesting and reminded me a lot of Mexican markets that I've seen before, but all the same was entertaining.
That night we ate at the hotel at a New York based restaurant called Il Mulino which was fabulous. The next day, we relaxed at the pool all day long, ate room service and went to bed early because the boys had a big fishing trip planned the next morning. The boys woke up at 6 and went to meet the fishing guide, Armando, at the dock. Around 6:30 we received a phone call that a sting ray had jumped over the boat and struck my brother's friend in the leg -- they were headed to the hospital...After 3 hours and some illegitimate doctoring, we left the hospital with a stingray barb and an injured leg.



After a week touring and relaxing in San Juan, we left Puerto Rico and flew to St. Barth's to meet some family friends on their new sailboat, the Christopher. I think the photos speak for themselves.

Needless to say, my spring break was a blast...can't wait to take a spin on the Christopher when it comes to visit NYC this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment