Wednesday, March 30, 2011

LAVO

This past weekend, I made a quick little trip up to NYC for less than 48 hours for a few job interviews. Although it was a pretty hectic trip, my mom and I made time to try one of the newest (and best) restaurants in New York.

Only six months old, we had to make our reservations at LAVO at 6 o'clock (senior special ha!) to get into New Yorks new hot spot (Paris Hilton and one of the Kardashians recently had their birthday parties here). I've never seen so many people eating dinner at 6 p.m. in my life. The awesomely hip restaurant was already packed.

With it's sister restaurant Tao right across the street, this new Italian version has much the same atmosphere and turns into an all out nightclub after 11. Tao and Lavo both originated in Vegas, but have moved to NYC and LA.

We started out with a glass of champagne each and a bottle of red wine - we were determined to stay late enough to not look like the losers who got there at 6 p.m. After an hour of garlic bread and wine, we decided to start out with one of their famous 18" pizzas - it was not round, however, but oval - 18" long. It was delicious - not too crispy but not soft.

For our meal, I had the most delicious, light Dover Sole with a side of broccoli that I think I've ever had, and my mom had a bone in serloin - rare - with truffle fries. Everything was amazing.

We ended our meal with their specialty - fried oreos with a side milkshake. I was in heaven. If you ever venture to New York or Vegas - I highly suggest you make Lavo one of your stops. But make reservations early so you don't have to eat with the old folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment