Monday, January 24, 2011

Chi-town



After ringing in the new year at Lake McQueeney, I ventured to Chicago with my mom and dad for my dad's second knee replacement. He had his first one up there in September and it was such a success that he went back for his second. He goes to Dr. Richard Berger - nicknamed in n' out Berger - who does it non-invasively allowing his patients to literally walk out of the hospital 4 hours after their scheduled surgery time
Although the surgery day wasn't too much fun, I fell in love with the city of Chicago. We stayed at the Four Seasons hotel (which has fabulous room service we found out the day of surgery) and ate at some great steak houses including the classic Gibson's and newer, more modern Chicago Cut...which I might add uses 30 iPads as their wine lists. .
The day after surgery, my mom and I did a little sight seeing, including visiting "The Bean" and one of the most famous view points in Chicago to see the city line. Chicago really is a beautiful, bustling city - much like New York, just a little..cleaner.


No comments:

Post a Comment